Our vision is for a healthier, safer & more equal planet.
The European Sustainable Development Organisation (ESDO) was established to provide specialist evidence and behavioural change strategies to tackle the most complex development issues of our time.
Role: Behavioural Change Communications Expert
Deadline: 31 July 2022
This is an exciting position for a leading communications expert with experience in behavioural change communications. The role will help to drive impact on some of the most challenging issues in the humanitarian aid and development sector. The role requires someone with creative but disciplined skills in communication design, analysis and execution in challenging contexts. The candidate should be highly motivated by working on social justice issues such as climate change, gender, LGBTQI, social inclusion, refugees and modern slavery.
This role will help to design and deliver behavioural change communications campaigns designed to achieve individual or community-level change in different contexts and on different issues. The role is a consultant position engaged for assignments on day rates. The responsibilities of assignments will differ but will likely include:
Programme Impact (90% of time)
- Leading the end-to-end process of campaigns from design to evaluation
- Advising internal and external clients on communications strategies
- Creating exciting and innovative digital communications strategies
- Utilising a people-centred approach to campaigns
- Nurturing strategic partnerships and collaborations including in the media, online influencers and stakeholder organisations
- Make campaigns data-centric to enable campaign learning and evolution.
- Using market research to plan evidence-based campaigns and liaising with the Evidence Unit to ensure campaign needs are met in the research phase
- Balancing creativity and disciplined execution to ensure target audiences react to the most impactful methods/channels of dissemination
- Engage with clients in a manner that makes them champions of ESDO
- Lead cross-disciplined teams to ensure campaigns achieve impact
- Creating and contributing to the production of campaign outputs such as inception reports, campaign plans and progress reporting
Internal Capability (10% of time)
- Developing and improving communications systems and tools
- Cataloguing and preserving lessons, case studies and successes from campaigns
A successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Complete fluency in written and spoken English
- 8+ years of strategic communications experience
- Experience in a development context of relevance to ESDO
- Experience using pre-campaign market research to design campaigns
This position is a remote consultant role, paid on day rates agreed for each assignment.
This position is vacant now.